Wednesday 14 December 2016

A change of destiny

Since my growing up days, I believed in a normal life. Ordinary things of life made me happy and I always assumed that I am supposed to be an ordinary woman with little things and happiness...chhoti chhoti si khushiyon wali ek saadi si zindagi. Then life happened and it happened exactly the way I would never dare to dream. One thing led to another and somehow life took its own direction. It was nothing like I assumed (not dreamed because ordinary girls are not allowed to dream big).

I assumed my life in a very routine like any other middle class Indian young girl- marriage by 25, children by 28 and to look for something professionally worthy in late 30s. But the change took place because of one moral value, I stood strongly against dowry. I was adamant at not to pay to get married. So destiny started revealing itself, I was called dark, not good enough, not stary enough (Kundali excuses)...the ladkawalas (boys and the family) would say everything except "see you have to pay to be married, that's our price!"

Shocked with the reality, I denied to sit idle in wait or to compromise with my morals. I took refuge in work which was never my dream. Being a small town girl, things are a bit different rather difficult. Slowly and steadily I kept on doing my part in all possible ways both personally and professionally. Now I found myself on the verge of being outcasted in 'marriageable age girl' category (to my relief!). Surprisingly, in terms of career and life, I flourished. I tasted salt of independence and sweets of family support.

My career, economic independence and experiences of living in metro city shaped me into a wonderful woman who is ordinary with extraordinary dreams. I am thankful to the Almighty that life dint happen the way I assumed/wanted it. Everything happened as per God's will and his choices for my life were beyond the dreams of my eyes. Now I am living this really beautiful life and everyday I feel thankful to the gifts of life. One day I may also get the man of my kind of morals and strength. Until then I ain't gonna compro <3

No comments:

Post a Comment